Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mall of New Hampshire

King's take:
We went to Ruby Tuesday.
We got a microphone from Best Buy.
We went to Ritz Camera.
I didn't want to go to the Disney Store. It was OK but going there would... I don't know.
I remember we're going to Starbucks at three. Or whenever Archi gets here.
The mall is tiring. I am getting tired.
We got a microphone at Best Buy. We tried looking for Christmas CD's, but they were sold out. Maybe next year.
We are wandering the mall, but I didn't see anything I wanted to look at.
We will go to Starbucks when Archi gets here. Then we will go to Miaka's place to watch Rayearth season 2. That is our list for today.
We are going to wander all around the mall and see if we find anything we want to look at.
(Later, while letting the ending and opening play between episodes of Rayearth)
We went to Ruby Tuesday. I got a burger and you {Miaka} got salad and we both got Sprites.
We went to Starbucks and I got a double chocolate brownie. It was yummy.
We went to Miaka's place to watch Rayearth season 2.
We went to Ritz camera and looked at the cameras.

Miaka's take:
Wow, King is good with product-placement for stuff he's interested in or excited about. Er, sorry, that's a bit off topic.
Today we went to the mall. Originally, the plan was to take the bus from the middle of town, but King seems to have a low-level cold (sneezing and coughs) so Mom wasn't sure she wanted him to ride the bus. Instead, she dropped us off at Ruby Tuesday. The place was pretty empty, the lunch rush over since it was nearly one in the afternoon, so we were seated right away and got our lunch quickly. While we ate, we talked over the things we needed and wanted to do in the mall today. Item number one on the agenda was to go to Best Buy and pick up a microphone that could be connected to my computer, so that the next time we do a movie review we don't have the issue with the sound being too quiet. Last week's review was that way because the microphone built into my laptop was too far from our mouths and didn't pick up our voices very well.
Lunch was good, and after we paid--I showed King a trick for figuring out the tip, but made him do the actual calculation--we headed out to the other end of the mall to run our errands.
Picking up the microphone was a snap, because Archi and I wandered around the mall a bit on Tuesday and I came in to see if they had anything that would work, and how much it would cost me, so I knew exactly where it was. We went right to the aisle and found that there was one left waiting for us. King had a bit of trouble getting off the hook, though. "It's stuck..." Looked to me like it had gotten caught on the price tag, and I jiggled it a little to get it off--King was not quite at the right angle. He decided that he wanted me to carry it, so I stuck it on top of the coats I was carrying and we headed off to run the next errand.
Mom had mentioned seeing Christmas music CD's for $5 at Best Buy, so we went over to the music department to look. When a quick check failed to reveal any Christmas CD's, we found a store employee and King asked. "Try the front of the store," we were told, so off we went to the front of the store. No Christmas music here. Slowly, we worked our way through the whole music department, checking each aisle. No dice. Or Christmas music, for that matter.
"I guess they must be sold out," I told King.
"They don't have any?"
"It doesn't look like it. Maybe next year."
King agreed that Mom might be disappointed, but there wasn't really anything we could do about it. If they were sold out, they were sold out, and we were out of luck. (Mom had seen the display at a different Best Buy.)
The next item on our list was to 'wander the mall'. I had to remind King that we needed to pay for the microphone first. I think the fact that there wasn't a line at the cash register confused him, as he stood in the walkway for a moment until I told him to look at the lit-up number sign some 10 feet in front of us and a little to our right. "Oh," he said, immediately walking over to the counter. "Um, we'd like to buy this," he told the cashier, whom he hadn't been able to see a moment before due to the positioning of a shelf. I set the microphone on the counter and went digging in my purse to find the rewards card, and then the gift-card I knew I had. We split the cost of the microphone, as it's going to be useful for both of us. There was a bit of a delay with locating the right denomination of bill, and then with trying to get the change back in his wallet. Sometime when we're not in the middle of trying to make a purchase, I will show him the trick of sorting money to make things easier to find.
Archi to change the time he planned on picking us up.
We wandered back out of the camera shop about the same time as I finished talking to Archi, and decided to meander on down the same hallway and see if anything else caught our eye. King decided that the soft chairs clustered into a sort of 'rest station' looked good, so we sat down for a few minutes. I pulled out the journal and we went over the events of the day and what else we had planned. Then we decided to go check out Game Stop, a little farther down the hall, just to see what games they had. Mom had told us she'd rather King not buy any more new games until he'd at least played all of the ones he got for Christmas.
We were looking at pre-owned Wii games when Archi called to ask which door he needed to meet us at. Arranging for him to pick us up at the same door we'd originally entered by, I set stuff down for a moment to help King into his coat and to put my own on. It's been getting cold lately, though it really ought to have gotten this cold at least a couple weeks ago.
Meeting up with Archi was no problem, and once in the car we headed for the nearby Starbucks, to get a snack for King and a drink for Archi and I. Because King wanted a snack, we decided we'd better go inside. Considering the long line at the drive-thru, this was probably the faster choice anyhow. King selected a brownie, Archi a hot chocolate, and I decided on a chai. I had to remind King to talk to the cashier, not the display case, but everything went smoothly. Archi and I were rather impressed with the ability to scan a card from the Starbucks app, instead of having to present the card. Snack and drinks in hand, we headed home.
As soon as we were in the door, King made a beeline for the chair in front of the TV (my living room isn't big enough for a couch) and dug into his brownie almost as soon as he was seated. He was mostly patient while I got the DVD in for him, and then located the TV remote so I could tell the TV to listen to the DVD player instead of a gaming console.
We had enough time to watch all of one disc and part of the first episode on the next disc before Dad came to pick King up. This series is not likely to last more than another week or two, at this rate. I rather wish I could figure out what's so special about watching stuff at my place that he could just as easily watch at his own house. His cough started bothering him partway through the first disc, so I made him some honey-water, which seemed to settle the cough pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment